Page last updated: 04 March 2017 (website last updated: 05 March 2017)
Welcome to the Waxbill Finch Society's website
South-East Branch meeting (05 Feb 2017)
The Waxbill Finch Society was formed in 1991 with the following aims:
- To encourage the breeding of Estrildid Finches (Waxbills, Munias, etc.)
- To share information about proven breeding and feeding methods
- To help members locate, exchange, purchase or sell stock
- To build up stocks of captive-bred birds
- To assist members to contact one another at Branch Meetings or by telephone
This website is therefore designed both to promote our society and to help it achieve these aims. We also hope it will encourage potential members to develop an interest in these marvellous birds.
2016 WFS members' breeding returns: 31 January 2017 deadline
Members have now been sent their breeding returns form in the Winter edition of The Waxbill.
Birds recorded should be those that fledged between 01 January and 31 December 2016. Members are urged to send their returns to Neil Bickell before the closing date of 31 January 2017.
Members who joined since 01 January 2016 are eligible for the Top New Member award.
|19 March (Sunday)||West Midlands Branch meeting - Doveridge Village Hall, Sandy Lane, Doveridge DE6 5JQ, Nr Uttoxeter (off A50).
Sales and Show Day - Buy and sell stock and show with 6 main classes.
|All meetings||Visit our branch meetings page for all the details.|
WFS Facebook page
The Waxbill Finch Society also has its own closed group on Facebook. Access the site through the banner above.